Friday, January 4, 2008

Hoping this and that...

Was planning to start moving today, but they say the storm's gonna continue for at least the next three days.
So I guess I'll keep my butt indoors and my furniture dry.
Powers fluctuating so I may have to do it in the dark.
High winds are shaking the house and rattling the windows, knocking over the garbage cans and wreaking havoc in general.
Oh yeah, the office newsletter went out yesterday. Got a couple compliments on my contributions.
One of them was a totally stupid question and answer section. I asked a bunch of hyper conservative attorney's who their first celebrity crush was. Whoops.
Thought I was being cute but it just came out silly. Oh well, now I've got to be more serious on the job for a while.
No kidding, these people are seriously uptight.
My other contribution was a pretty decent looking picture collage I put together of the office Halloween party (the issues come out quarterly). People thought that was good although I think most of them assumed my coworker (the main graphics gal) put it together.
I get no respect, no respect...
The temporary U.S. attorney ended his tenure yesterday and the new one starts on Monday. I hope he'll be somewhat cool, bad vibes spill over onto the whole office.
All in all tho, I like my job. It's cool watching really professional people getting things done, and being part of it.
I hope my next gig's this satisfying.
I also hope my new room mates and me get along.
And that this next semester is successful.
And that I get laid soon.
And that I place well in the Andy's Award show.
And that the little old lady from craigslist who conned me into paying $60 for a $30 desk really needed the money for her meds (I'm such a sucker).
All that said, here's a blast from the past for all you other '70's kids...

No comments: